Catherine is a Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) and an expert in paediatric and maternal nutrition.
Accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) Catherine has over 10 years’ experience as a nutritionist and has worked for the NHS, Public Health England, BUPA and independent nutrition consultancies.
With an honours degree in Food Science and Nutrition from Oxford Brookes University and many years’ experience as a Registered Nutritionist Catherine prides herself in keeping up to date with evidence based nutrition to bring you accurate, professional and reliable nutrition advice.
As mum to two young boys Catherine understands the pressures that come with being a busy parent as well as the importance of providing with good, nutritious food for the whole family. Catherine now runs her own nutrition consultancy business offering a range of services to families, individuals, early years settings, the food industry, commercial businesses, and the media.
Catherine’s areas of nutrition expertise include pregnancy, breastfeeding and new mums, weaning, fussy eating, early years’ nutrition and family nutrition. Catherine has written a number of articles for the media including The Sun health supplement, Mother and Baby Magazine, Child Friendly and has appeared on radio and local television.
BSc(hons) in Food Science and Nutrition from Oxford Brookes University
Accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN)
Fussy eating support
Catherine offers a bespoke one-2-one fussy eating service which can be tailored to suit your family. Typically this might include;
1. An initial consultation aimed at helping you to understand your child’s fussy eating and what might be causing it as well as tips and strategies to try. This comes with 1 month follow up support to help you iron out any immediate issues or worries.
2. A mealtime time observation. If further support is needed Catherine will visit you at home and observe a mealtime to assess your child’s behaviour at mealtimes before offering expert advice to support healthy eating habits.
3. Follow up consultations can then be offered as and when you feel you need them to help you establish realistic mealtime goals to improve your child’s eating.
COST : Contact for prices
Catherine’s 2 hour weaning workshops are designed for you and your friends and include;
1. When, how and what to start with
2. What foods to avoid
3. Baby led weaning
4. Important nutrients for your baby
5. Developing a feeding routine
6. Establishing healthy eating habits from the first taste
Suitable for parents with babies aged 4 – 12 months. As well as receiving an information pack to take away including handouts, recipes and menu planners you will also receive complimentary follow up support from Catherine via email or telephone until your baby is 12months old. This service is also available on a one-2-one basis.
COST : Contact for prices
Catherine offers face-to-face or Skype consultations on:
- Nutrition for pregnancy
- Nutrition for new mums
- Child nutrition (0-18yrs)
- Family nutrition
COST : From £50 per hour.