Catherine is a Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) and an expert in paediatric and maternal nutrition.
Accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) Catherine has over 10 years’ experience as a nutritionist and has worked for the NHS, Public Health England, BUPA and independent nutrition consultancies.
With an honours degree in Nutrition from Oxford Brookes University and over 10 years’ experience in public health, Catherine prides herself in keeping up to date with evidence-based nutrition to bring you accurate, professional and reliable nutrition advice.
Since becoming a mum and raising two energetic young boys Catherine left her community nutritionist role in the NHS to run her own nutrition consultancy business. Catherine is also a founding nutrition consultant for The Early Years Nutrition Partnership who support nurseries and early years providers with nutrition training, menu planning and support.
Catherine’s areas of nutrition expertise include fertility, pregnancy, breastfeeding and new mums, weaning, fussy eating, early years’ nutrition and family nutrition. Catherine can support you with nutrition advice via Skype, telephone. Please get in touch for a free chat to discuss your needs. Catherine also delivers The Luna Hive's online weaning course and supports all families throughout their weaning journey to ensure each baby establishes good eating habits from the very start. You can find out more about our online weaning course below.
BSc(hons) in Food Science and Nutrition from Oxford Brookes University
Accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN)
Fussy Eating Support
Catherine offers a bespoke one-2-one fussy eating service which can be tailored to suit your family. Typically this might include;
1. A free telephone call to understand your concerns as well as a brief history of your child's eating habits. Following this Catherine will complete a feeding assessment based on detailed feeding behaviour questionnaires and a 48 hour food diary.
2. Your Skype or telephone consultation will break down the outcomes and your child's feeding assessment, helping you to understand your child's fussy eating behaviours and what might be causing them.
3. A written report summarising the recommended tips and strategies to help improve your child's eating behaviours including step by step goals to achieving them.
4. Four weeks unlimited follow up support via email and telephone to ensure you stay supported and motivated when implementing your goals.
5. Follow up consultations can be offered as and when you feel you need them to ensure consistent and continued improvements to your child’s eating.
COST : Contact for prices
Online Weaning Course
The 8 weeks to weaning confidence course in collaboration with The Luna Hive starts with a pre-recorded, 1 hour weaning webinar where Catherine talks you through everything you need to know about weaning. Also included in the course is:
- video library offering you bite sized videos covering key weaning topics and FAQs that you can access anytime, anywhere
- written library offering you handouts, downloads including menu planners, recipes, blogs and checklists to keep you on track throughout the weaning process
- unlimited follow up support with Catherine via a closed Facebook group allowing you to ask all your weaning questions directly to Catherine whenever they crop up.
COST : £67. Get in touch with Catherine for exclusive discounts and promo codes.
Catherine offers Skype and telephone consultations on:
- Nutrition for pregnancy
- Nutrition for new mums
- Child nutrition (0-18yrs)
- Family nutrition
- Fussy eating
COST : From £70 per hour.